Last updated: , history
Some notes after a few years of doing quite a few sports:
When switching shoes (doesn’t matter if running or cycling), don’t go all in but alternate with your old shoes for at least first 2 weeks. Took me one heel inflammation and one knee inflammation to learn my lesson.
Sadly, price correlates with quality and good gear costs money. Ideally have friends that work in the industry and can get you discounts or tips at least (easier said than done).
If something works for you (e.g. certain brand of shoes fits you well) there’s no reason to experiment, usually that ends with more harm than good.
I tend to keep running shoes for 600km - 1000km depending on their condition.
- Soar Run Trousers, merino wool-lined trousers for cold weather.
- Lululemon Surge Lined Short, shorts for any other weather.
- Ciele M RCDTShirt – Elite, race t-shirt.
- Ciele M DBSShort – Elite, race shorts for races up to the marathon distance.
- Saucony Endorphin Speed 3.
- On Running Cloudultra, favourite.
- Salomon S/LAB Ultra 3, favourite.
- On Running Cloudflow
- Saucony Triumph 18
- Mizuno Wave Rider 25
- Saucony Kinvara 12, favourite
- Saucony Endorphin Pro 2, favourite
- Nike Zoom Fly 3, good shoe but narrow toe box and it lost the springiness really fast)