- sample with a built-in bias: What will the average salary be if you ask Cambrdigegraduates?
- well-chosen average (mean x median x _mode): Average person has less than 2 arms
- little sample(s): Having enough small samples you can select the one, that suits you the best.
- nice wording of practically nothing: “Camels are better than Marlboro”, yet they are both bad.
- graphs (changing the scale or not labeling the graph at all):
XKCD #833 by Randall Munroe
- one-dimensional picture: You can make the difference look greater by increasing the dimensionality of the graph.
- semi-attached/irrelevant figure: New Anticovid™ gel kills 13943 germs in 12 seconds.
XKCD #552 by Randall Munroe
Title: How to Lie with Statistics
Author: Darrell Huff