We are on a cycling trip to Dénia number 2. This time I am doing proper recovery days to avoid returing with a crash syndrome again. Walking downstairs backwards wasn’t a lot of fun.
I finally finished The Art of Thinking Clearly that I got from Ena back in August. This year I am embarrassingly slow with the books. Other than that I had some time for long form articles and several forgotten blog posts among the 120 open Safari tabs on my iPhone.
- So long and thanks for all the bits
- Reminiscing: the retreat to comforting work. - on how we snack on easy tasks while avoiding the complicated.
- Ask HN: How do I find my “purpose”?
- Ask HN: Advice that changed your life?
- A Boat Fire Killed 34 People, and We May Never Know Why - a thrilling long form article about a fire on a diving live deck boat.
This month I learned
Horses for courses - used to say that it is important to choose suitable people (or items) for particular activities because everyone has different skills1.
A smart accountant once told me that the answer to “How much money did you make?” is always, “Who wants to know?” If it’s an investor, the answer is “A lot.” If it’s a customer, the answer is “A little.” If it’s the IRS, the answer is “None.” edw519